The Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) program provides free and convenient therapy to help individuals experiencing depression, stress, anxiety and anxiety-related conditions learn strategies and skills to improve their mental health. OSP services are based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which is collaborative, goal focused and involves light reading and practice.
Services are offered in multiple languages and are provided in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association, Across Boundaries and Hong Fook Mental Health Association to individuals in York Region, South Simcoe, North York, North Etobicoke and Malton.
Local OSP services include:
- Guided CBT-based Self-help: The BounceBack Ontario program provides telephone coaching, skill-building workshops and online videos.
- Clinician Assisted Bibliotherapy: Participants receive weekly, 30-minute telephone sessions with a Clinician, and are guided through a gold-standard CBT self-help workbook.
- Individual or Group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Participants receive weekly, one-hour sessions with a Clinician, either virtually or in person.
To sign up, complete the online self-referral form or speak to your primary care provider who can submit a referral on your behalf. Once you have signed up, you will be contacted to get started with a service that best meets your needs. If you are between the ages of 15-17, click here to sign up for the BounceBack Ontario program.
Across Boundaries’ News
- ANTI-BULLYING PREVENTION AND AWARENESS WEEKVictims of bullying are at a higher risk of developing mental health struggles.
- World Food Day 2023: A Call to Tackle Hunger, Food Waste, and Mental HealthSince 1981, World Food Day has been celebrated annually on October 16th. The United Nations established this day to raise awareness about world hunger and poverty, aiming to inspire global change. This…
- Canadian Patient Safety Week: Empowering Safe Care at Across BoundariesAcross Boundaries is participating in Canadian Patient Safety Week (CPSW). We are thrilled to be involved in this national campaign hosted annually by Healthcare Excellence Canada. This year, CPSW is scheduled to…