An online nutritional workshop for mental wellness and self-care for teens! This program was created to help teens develop a healthy relationship with food.
As you get older, you’re able to start making your own decisions about a lot of things that matter to you most – like your phone, your clothes, your music and your friends. We get it and between school and your social network, life can get pretty busy.
But did you know that your health is more important NOW and that making healthy decisions about what you eat and drink can have a lasting impact on your mental health and well-being?
We will be hosting a 12-week virtual program for teens focused around helping you navigate the INS and OUTS of life and your health and well-being.
These workshops will help you to learn:
- How your body is really functioning with the foods you eat.
- What foods are causing my skin to break out?
- How do I know if I have an eating disorder?
- What about emotional eating – is it normal?
- How foods affect my hair, skin, nails and my mood swings.
- Sodas and sugars – are there long term side effects?
- Does being physically active really help?
- Is sleep a big deal to stay healthy?
Meet the Facilitator, Maxine Choy
Certified Health & Nutrition Coach and Yoga/Pilates Instructor. Working directly with women over 40 to assist them in achieving attainable health and fitness goals by practicing mindfulness, consistency and accountability.
She works one-on-one with her clients with a focus on guiding them through the pillars of health and nutrition education so as to help them to understand the benefits of living a wholesome life. Through her coaching technique, her goal is to create a mindset shift around her client’s beliefs about themselves and their abilities, as well as to assist them in the process of gaining clarity about their overall health goals.
- Now is an important time to take charge and build healthy eating habits. These habits will stick with you into adulthood and set you up for success in the future.
These topics and more will be covered, together with live inter-active conversations with a Certified Health & Nutrition Coach where you can ask any questions you may have about food and nutrition.
Join us ONLINE every Saturday at 2:00 pm. This program starts September 24th, 2022.
Sign up now, spots are limited
Across Boundaries’ News
- Seasonal Affective Disorder in Canada, with a Special Lens on Racial DynamicsIf you live in Canada, you can resonate with the term “January Blues”. November and December share the same darkness and chill, filled with anticipation and joy leading up to the holidays.…
- Across Boundaries Achievement: ‘Accredited with Exemplary Standing’Committed to continuous improvement, Across Boundaries recently voluntarily participated in the comprehensive accreditation process with Accreditation Canada. Our goal was to assess and elevate our services, and we are proud to announce…
- Our Journey Through 2023 Introduction: As 2023 draws to a close we reflect on our work at Across Boundaries and share some key highlights. Mental Health Retreats for Black LGBQTIA+ CommunitiesWe continued our ongoing collaboration with…