Serving racialized people with mental health and addition issues throughout the greater Toronto area.
Across Boundaries provides equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized people across the Greater Toronto Area. Across Boundaries acknowledges the impact of racism and anti-Black-racism on mental health. We believe in empowering individuals to take control of their health in their healing journeys.
Across Boundaries provides programs and services that integrate skills building, digital programming, support groups, alternative and complementary therapies, art therapy, creative expressions, community kitchen, individual support, counselling, and community partnerships.
We are committed to a community development approach and believe in the active participation of racialized communities. We are committed to our service users and to our community, and are committed to providing Dignified, inclusive and compassionate mental health and addiction services for all racialized communities.
Across Boundaries provides a dynamic range of mental health support and services and works within Anti-Racism/Anti-Black racism and Anti-Oppression frameworks. These frameworks address the negative impact of racism and discrimination on mental health and well-being.
Rooted in up-to-date research and consistently active community engagement, our progressive strategies are implemented by our capable staff – who are committed to improving the quality of mental health and addiction care for *racialized people.
Across Boundaries currently provides services in many languages, including:
- Caribbean Dialects
- African Languages -Shona, Amharic, Harare, Xhosa, Tsonga, Afrikaans, Swahili, Somali, Twi
- Central Asian Languages – Dari, Pashto, Farsi (Persian)
- South Asian Languages – Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali
- South East Asian Languages – Mandarin
Across Boundaries’ News
- Cultural Variances in Mental Health: Diverse Perspectives at Across BoundariesWe explore how different cultures perceive and address mental health while maintaining the importance of providing culturally sensitive services.
- Work Hard, Live Well – Finding the Perfect Balance to ThriveWork-life balance is vital for happiness, productivity, and success in both personal and professional spheres. Through insightful Across Boundaries employee testimonials from Maria, Lorraine, and Genie, learn about our various wellness strategies that foster our supportive work environment.
- 27th Annual General MeetingAcross Boundaries believes that Annual general meetings (AGMs) are important for the organization. They allow us an opportunity to be transparent, and to hear from those we serve. We look for forward … Read more