Welcome to our Peer-Led Harm Reduction Program!
We are so excited that you decided to be a part of our community at Across Boundaries. We aim to create a space where we can openly discuss our feelings, opinions, and experiences with substance use while also learning about harm reduction.
Across Boundaries works within an anti-racist, anti-colonial, challenging anti-black racism framework; we expect participants to adhere to this. if participants have questions about these terms, do not worry! we will be covering this within our first week and will be available via email and phone to discuss further.
Before starting, we have a few housekeeping rules to ensure that the space feels welcoming and supportive throughout the upcoming weeks.
Here are some program guidelines we have here at Across Boundaries:
- To ensure participants get the best knowledge possible, we ask that you not miss more than two sessions. However, life happens, and we understand, so email us, and we can work together to provide alternatives to completing the program.
- If a participant is over 15 minutes late, it is considered a missed session.
- You are not required to have your cameras on for this program; however, participation is strongly encouraged.
- We understand that the conversations we will be having are personal and intimate, so what is said throughout the sessions are required to stay within the group to respect each other’s confidentiality.
- To respect people’s gender identity, we ask all participants to provide and respect each other’s pronouns.
- Participants are encouraged to speak to program facilitators outside of the session regarding any personal concerns.
- Participants must be racialized residents of Toronto.
*Remember participants who successfully complete the program will receive certificate of completion. This will allow graduates to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of peer work in the realm of addictions/substance
- Be able provide documentation for courts and other external bodies
*****Participants who fail to adhere to the above terms will not be eligible for a certificate of completion.