The Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) program provides free and convenient therapy to help individuals experiencing depression, stress, anxiety and anxiety-related conditions learn strategies and skills to improve their mental health. OSP services are based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which is collaborative, goal focused and involves light reading and practice.
Services are offered in multiple languages and are provided in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association, Across Boundaries and Hong Fook Mental Health Association to individuals in York Region, South Simcoe, North York, North Etobicoke and Malton.
Local OSP services include:
- Guided CBT-based Self-help: The BounceBack Ontario program provides telephone coaching, skill-building workshops and online videos.
- Clinician Assisted Bibliotherapy: Participants receive weekly, 30-minute telephone sessions with a Clinician, and are guided through a gold-standard CBT self-help workbook.
- Individual or Group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Participants receive weekly, one-hour sessions with a Clinician, either virtually or in person.
To sign up, complete the online self-referral form or speak to your primary care provider who can submit a referral on your behalf. Once you have signed up, you will be contacted to get started with a service that best meets your needs. If you are between the ages of 15-17, click here to sign up for the BounceBack Ontario program.
Across Boundaries’ News
- Seasonal Affective Disorder in Canada, with a Special Lens on Racial DynamicsIf you live in Canada, you can resonate with the term “January Blues”. November and December share the same darkness and chill, filled with anticipation and joy leading up to the holidays.…
- Across Boundaries Achievement: ‘Accredited with Exemplary Standing’Committed to continuous improvement, Across Boundaries recently voluntarily participated in the comprehensive accreditation process with Accreditation Canada. Our goal was to assess and elevate our services, and we are proud to announce…
- Our Journey Through 2023 Introduction: As 2023 draws to a close we reflect on our work at Across Boundaries and share some key highlights. Mental Health Retreats for Black LGBQTIA+ CommunitiesWe continued our ongoing collaboration with…