An online nutritional workshop for mental wellness and self-care for teens! This program was created to help teens develop a healthy relationship with food.
As you get older, you’re able to start making your own decisions about a lot of things that matter to you most – like your phone, your clothes, your music and your friends. We get it and between school and your social network, life can get pretty busy.
But did you know that your health is more important NOW and that making healthy decisions about what you eat and drink can have a lasting impact on your mental health and well-being?
We will be hosting a 12-week virtual program for teens focused around helping you navigate the INS and OUTS of life and your health and well-being.
These workshops will help you to learn:
- How your body is really functioning with the foods you eat.
- What foods are causing my skin to break out?
- How do I know if I have an eating disorder?
- What about emotional eating – is it normal?
- How foods affect my hair, skin, nails and my mood swings.
- Sodas and sugars – are there long term side effects?
- Does being physically active really help?
- Is sleep a big deal to stay healthy?
Meet the Facilitator, Maxine Choy
Certified Health & Nutrition Coach and Yoga/Pilates Instructor. Working directly with women over 40 to assist them in achieving attainable health and fitness goals by practicing mindfulness, consistency and accountability.
She works one-on-one with her clients with a focus on guiding them through the pillars of health and nutrition education so as to help them to understand the benefits of living a wholesome life. Through her coaching technique, her goal is to create a mindset shift around her client’s beliefs about themselves and their abilities, as well as to assist them in the process of gaining clarity about their overall health goals.
- Now is an important time to take charge and build healthy eating habits. These habits will stick with you into adulthood and set you up for success in the future.
These topics and more will be covered, together with live inter-active conversations with a Certified Health & Nutrition Coach where you can ask any questions you may have about food and nutrition.
Join us ONLINE every Saturday at 2:00 pm. This program starts September 24th, 2022.
Sign up now, spots are limited
Across Boundaries’ News
- Cultural Variances in Mental Health: Diverse Perspectives at Across BoundariesWe explore how different cultures perceive and address mental health while maintaining the importance of providing culturally sensitive services.
- Work Hard, Live Well – Finding the Perfect Balance to ThriveWork-life balance is vital for happiness, productivity, and success in both personal and professional spheres. Through insightful Across Boundaries employee testimonials from Maria, Lorraine, and Genie, learn about our various wellness strategies that foster our supportive work environment.
- 27th Annual General MeetingAcross Boundaries believes that Annual general meetings (AGMs) are important for the organization. They allow us an opportunity to be transparent, and to hear from those we serve. We look for forward … Read more