Serving racialized people with mental health and addition issues throughout the greater Toronto area.
Across Boundaries provides equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized people across the Greater Toronto Area. Across Boundaries acknowledges the impact of racism and anti-Black-racism on mental health. We believe in empowering individuals to take control of their health in their healing journeys.
Across Boundaries provides programs and services that integrate skills building, digital programming, support groups, alternative and complementary therapies, art therapy, creative expressions, community kitchen, individual support, counselling, and community partnerships.
We are committed to a community development approach and believe in the active participation of racialized communities. We are committed to our service users and to our community, and are committed to providing Dignified, inclusive and compassionate mental health and addiction services for all racialized communities.
Across Boundaries provides a dynamic range of mental health support and services and works within Anti-Racism/Anti-Black racism and Anti-Oppression frameworks. These frameworks address the negative impact of racism and discrimination on mental health and well-being.
Rooted in up-to-date research and consistently active community engagement, our progressive strategies are implemented by our capable staff – who are committed to improving the quality of mental health and addiction care for *racialized people.
Across Boundaries currently provides services in many languages, including:
- Caribbean Dialects
- African Languages -Shona, Amharic, Harare, Xhosa, Tsonga, Afrikaans, Swahili, Somali, Twi
- Central Asian Languages – Dari, Pashto, Farsi (Persian)
- South Asian Languages – Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali
- South East Asian Languages – Mandarin
Across Boundaries’ News
- Seasonal Affective Disorder in Canada, with a Special Lens on Racial DynamicsIf you live in Canada, you can resonate with the term “January Blues”. November and December share the same darkness and chill, filled with anticipation and joy leading up to the holidays.…
- Across Boundaries Achievement: ‘Accredited with Exemplary Standing’Committed to continuous improvement, Across Boundaries recently voluntarily participated in the comprehensive accreditation process with Accreditation Canada. Our goal was to assess and elevate our services, and we are proud to announce…
- Our Journey Through 2023 Introduction: As 2023 draws to a close we reflect on our work at Across Boundaries and share some key highlights. Mental Health Retreats for Black LGBQTIA+ CommunitiesWe continued our ongoing collaboration with…